Thursday, April 30, 2020

Back to Ananda: When and How?



When to come back,


I am sooooooooooooooo ready to be back to Ananda time and my studio.


I am waiting on two things.


First, the stay at home order for our local area, I keep up on this daily. Being able to get to the studio is an important part of …. Being at the studio.


The second is the sticky part, the medical piece for safety. As the gatekeeper of all who cross my threshold, the one who holds the baton for keeping us all safe, I am beholden to find ways to make sure, as sure as possible that any touch given and taken on my watch and by my hand is the touch of healing, caring and do no harm-ing.


I am scouring the inter- webs daily for info on how to safely get to being able to work again....


So many of my clients have active traveling lives, and are from so many parts of the country and even world travelers ..... It isn’t practical to trace people forever for each session. The first week back wouldn’t be so hard since we’ve all been homebound (theoretically) but some of us have still been out working, some people are their household’s link to the outside world for shopping, some people haven’t stayed home. As we get back to regular life risks will go up and it isn’t humanly possible to trace every person for every possible point of contact for every session date.


Social distancing doesn't work with body work and human closeness…. so I am looking and looking for things that will allow me to get back up close and personal and not die of the death or pass any deathness or long term health problems to anyone.


This bug, even if you recover, can leave permanent systemic damage to organs and immune system. It isn’t like a cold that you are miserable and can say - WOW! That table time was worth it, I can deal with some sniffles. This bug can leave a person permanently impaired.


So I research daily... & if anyone sees /learns something before I see it - link me! I don't think there is anything yet that I have missed but I would love to be wrong!


I am keeping an eye out for real time, point of service, short wait-for results; like 5-10 minutes to show if someone has the bugga... and then will work towards finding a way to get those tests, make them affordable to build into session rates…without breaking the bank (we need something that isn’t hundreds of $)


Basically I need an affordable, real time covid test that processes as quickly as an at home preggers pee strip to be able to work again, before vaccines and while we are waiting for cures that really work.


Nothing in life is totally risk free but if I get this I would go down hard - asthma, hashimotos, prednisone, general immunicrapola… I have the trifecta of things that would go boom if exposed.


I want to work, but prefer to be alive while I do the working. If anyone sees info about this type of testing being reliable and available for people to buy vs going to hospital/that type of thing LINK me and LOOP me in!


Here’s hoping that this type of testing availability coincides with perhaps a June end to stay at home and we can all come out and play.